Double-Hung Window Installation
Double-hung windows are a convenient addition to your home, offering superior ventilation capabilities, easy maintenance, and energy-efficient designs. Sam’s Club Members can benefit from expert window installation by skilled professionals, who will get the job done quickly while delivering high-quality service.
Why choose our double-hung window installation
We take the stress out of double-hung window installation, managing the entire process from the first consultation to the finishing touches. Start with a free consultation to get a free quote for your double-hung window installation. In-person appointments are available.
Our consultants will help determine whether double-hung windows are the right option for you, take precise measurements to confirm your window size, and propose a plan for installing your double-hung windows. They can discuss materials options, including vinyl, fiberglass, wood, and aluminum, as well as optional add-ons like weather stripping and screens. They can also advise on environmentally friendly and energy-efficient designs that can help you save on heating and cooling.
If you decide to go ahead with the project, you’ll get an installation appointment, thanks to our wide availability of appointments. Our team will work to complete the job on time, allowing for an easy and stress-free home renovations process. Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance installation services is dedicated to creating a quality customer experience at every stage.
Basic information about double-hung windows
A double-hung window has two operable window sashes that can be moved — an upper and a lower sash. This differentiates it from a single-hung window, which has just one moveable sash (the bottom sash can move, while the top sash is fixed in place).
Because there are more moving parts, double-hung windows can be more complicated to install. Don’t stress: Our team at Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance offering double-hung window installation services will handle it all.
Features of double-hung windows
Double-hung windows have two moveable sashes, one at the bottom and one at the top of the window. The top sash lets the pane tilt inward, allowing for easy cleaning and improved ventilation. What’s more, the window can be moved securely and safely in either direction. You can also customize the window’s hardware according to your preference (e.g., a hinge versus a crank-style window opening).
Double-hung windows can further be tailored to your home’s needs with extras like weather stripping for greater energy efficiency and screens to keep bugs out. In addition, double-hung windows are available in a diversity of materials, including vinyl, fiberglass, aluminum, and wood. Various colors are also available, allowing you to choose a hue that complements your home’s siding.
What are the benefits of double-hung windows?
The high level of customization available in terms of style, color, and opening mechanism is just one benefit of double-hung windows. Here are some other benefits of double-hung windows we provide at Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance:
- Easy opening and closing with various options (sliding, lifting, tilting)
- Improved ventilation thanks to multiple means of opening the window
- Improved energy efficiency with additional weather stripping to meet energy star® ratings
- Reduced heating and cooling costs with eco-conscious windows
- Simplified window cleaning
For many homeowners, these benefits make the added installation requirements of double-hung windows well worth it.
Why choose double-hung windows?
Still not sure whether double-hung windows are right for you? They can be a helpful home improvement if you want to:
- Upgrade a modern home (e.g., make it more energy-efficient)
- Replace windows on an older home that will fit the older style
- Circulate more fresh air in the rooms of your house
- Enjoy the enhanced convenience of versatile, easy-to-clean windows
- Find a compatible style of windows to suit your home’s style
If you’re still not convinced, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our professionals at Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance. Our installers can advise whether double-hung windows are the right solution for your home.
How much does double-hung window installation cost on average?
Installing double-hung windows is a complex job that should be left to a professional and not treated as a DIY task. Various factors impact the installation cost, including:
- Window siding material: From vinyl windows to wood windows, the materials will impact the cost.
- Design and grid pattern: Double-hung windows come in various styles, such as grid versus dual-pane frames.
- Glass type: Glass with special features, like UV-resistance of insulation, will usually be pricier.
- Window size: Larger windows are generally more complicated and expensive to install.
- Weathering options: Weather stripping around the window frame can insulate and enhance energy efficiency (but will cost more).
- Hardware complexity: The mechanisms of double-paned windows may include pulleys, fasteners, sash weights, and more.
- New windows versus replacement windows: If it’s a replacement job, the old window must be removed to make space for the new window.
Speak to our Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance installers to get a precise quote.
What’s included in our double-hung window installation services?
Our team of Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance will oversee the entire process. In addition, your personal installation guides will:
- Provide a free in-home consultation to help you choose a fitting window option from the various styles and sizes available.
- Measure your current windows (or, for a new construction, measure the window frame) to order the right-sized windows.
- Ensure delivery of your desired windows.
- Arrive on time for your installation appointment.
- Remove and cleanup of your existing windows.
Finally, a skilled team member will take care to protect your home throughout the installation process, avoiding damage to windowsills or awnings. You can rest easy knowing your home is in good hands.
How often do you need to replace double-hung windows?
Professionally installed double-hung windows can last 20 years, depending on maintenance and frequency of use. Signs that it’s time for a replacement include difficulty opening and closing the window, visible damage, or — in case of double-pane windows — condensation or moisture buildup between the panes of glass.
How long does it take for double-hung windows to be installed?
The exact time frame needed to install double-hung windows depends on various factors like location and size of the job. Most customers who rely on our Sam’s Club Home Install Experts™ by Service Finance enjoy fast appointment booking and efficient installation that can be completed within a day or two.
Schedule a personal consultation for a precise price estimate and assessment of how long your window installation will take.
How to get expert installation services
When you’re ready to get started, set up you free consultation in three easy steps:
- Get in Touch
Enter your information and we will call you back to learn more about your needs. We will connect you with the best installer in your area. You can also call 844-SAVINGS.
- Book a free consultation
We will select the date and time that works best for you – no obligations necessary.
- Enjoy your 10% Discount Off Everyday Dealer Pricing* for Sam’s Club Members.